The time has come to cleanse! It's the Monday after New Years and I have officially been bingeing on chocolate, alcohol, and a multitude of carbs for about a month. I have made a vow to myself to not split a bag of chocolate chips with my husband for at lease two weeks. Pressure is on. To help me rise to this challenge I have been checking out some great cleansing foods, products and various "clean" delivery services, because what is cleansing without buying some cool celeb endorsed product? In my book it just isn't, ha!
- No surprise here. Greens, Greens, Greens! Deliciously Ella and Nutrition Stripped have a TON of super tasty veggie centric recipes.
- Lean, lean, lean. Think roasted or grilled proteins. Eggs are great too! Chalkboard Mag and Goop both have a great selection of cleanse appropriate recipes.
- Bye to sugar and hello healthy fats! Foods like avocados, raw nuts and butters, and fish are awesome at keeping the sugar cravings at bay.
- Avoid grains. This sheds lbs fast. If you are having a serious grain craving, Elana's Pantry has some really terrific paleo baking recipes (i.e. made with ground almond flour not grains). Her pumpkin bread is super easy and family fave.
- Triphala: Auyruvedic herb that supports cleansing and seriously clears out your intestinal tract. Gross but true.
- Probiotics: More good bacteria in your gut = more food digested and cleared out. That pound of candy cane bark you consumed over Christmas? Gone.
- Chlorella: Powdered or tablet green food that attaches to toxins in your body and moves them out. Miranda Kerr credits her amazing skin to this superfood.
- Activated Charcoal: Another one that literally pulls the bad stuff out. Your local juice bar may sell it in a fresh pressed lemonade or you can find it in capsule form online.
- Pressed Juicery: This is an LA based company that ships cleanses. My husband and I did it a few years ago before we had anything locally and really liked it.
- Dailey Harvest: I think this one is super cool. Dailey Harvest ships you pre-packaged and portioned smoothie fixings! You can choose how many you want in a box and how frequently they are shipped. I feel like half the time I missing one ingredient or another when I am looking to whip something up and this solves that problem.
- Sakara Life: These New York based gals make nutrient packed clean meals brimming with superfoods and they just began shipping nationwide. Would LOVE to do the Reset or Transform programs, but will definitely settle for the 5 Day Reset Collection.